Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Broken Dreams with a Brilliant Tab!!

I looked forward to my first tab like I might look forward to my first wife.
Now your mobile might be your girlfriend, you do not mind changing it, options available are numerous as long as all basic functionalities remain. Your laptop is your best friend, you do not notice the better versions until this one stops performing. But you tab is like your wife, simply because there are just not many options available at reasonable price to be your girlfriend, and it just hasn’t been around long enough to be your best friend.
So I decided to buy a tab. To be mine and only mine, to spend time with me, to put me to sleep showing me a movie or scrolling through a book for me. To expand my energy, to play the High Definition games or browse through the Heavy Duty websites. To come home to after a hard day in college. How glorious it seemed.
After months collecting the money and days torturing the website to deliver on time, at last the tab was mine. At last my big fat wedding was over. The first night was beautiful. It was mine, mine only. It responded to my every touch, was excellent in any position, gave me options no phone ever could, had unmatched performance and unreal possibilities. We were supposed to be together happily ever after.
“Dude, let me check it out, haven’t used a tab before”
“Man, the games are awesome I am sure, let me play just one game.”
“Why don’t we all just watch a movie together on it.”
Some things are just not meant to be. In a Men’s hostel, most things are not meant to be. It’s no place to bring your wife. Everybody wanted a piece of my tab.
“My phone is not big enough to play properly, hand it over for a sec.”
“That video, I need to show it to someone. Be back in a minute.”
If one could run a kilometer on Temple Run, there was always someone to try and run a few meters more. It someone found watching YouTube on it cool, somebody had to watch an HD movie on it. If it was somebody’s newspaper, it would become somebody else’s chess board in a minute.
“Hey it’s yours anyway, let me use it for a few hours.”
“Oh, you will be sleeping soon, will return it tomorrow.”
“Dude, that lecture is going to be boring. Am taking the tab to pass the time.”
In a few months my wife was no longer mine. It was just too adaptable, too functional to remain chained to one man. That unlucky man was me. Soon I never came to know where it spent the night. Soon it was leaving my side without me even knowing. Soon I could sleep with it besides me and wake up with it gone. It was maybe just too good for me.
Today it has seen it all. From my intense possessiveness to a mob’s violent sharing. But it goes on, pleasing anyone who touches it. Today that which was meant for my personal touch is found in different hands every day. Sleeps somewhere and wakes up somewhere else.
“Man, we would have been so bored without your tab.”
“The time we spend fighting for the tab. Awesome fun…”
“That’s some excellent technology there. Made just for us!!”
It was just not meant to be. Me and my tab in a college hostel. It was one failed marriage but life goes on. I would not replace it for anything else.




Post written for contest on www.indiblogger.com

All entries must have a link to facebook.com/LenovoIndia it seems....

2 comments: